VIVA Featured Member Library: Christendom College
An interview with Andrew Armstrong, Library Director, on February 8, 2017
What are three points of pride in your library?
- The sheer beauty of the building (built in 2004) and its setting on the banks of the Shenandoah River.
- The comprehensive collections serving the curriculum of the College.
- Our relationship with the VIVA Libraries Consortium.
What is the most popular spot in the library for users?
- The student volunteer run Sacred Grounds Coffee Shop on the first floor.
- The small study rooms – we knew from the outset we couldn’t build enough of them!
- The beautiful Study Carrels (designed to match the rest of the building by the architect).
Which VIVA resource or service do we value the most, and why?
EBSCOHost, since it is a very nice match to the curricula taught at the College judging by our use statistics!