MARC Records for Ebook Collections
Content listed on this page refers only to ebook collections/materials shared by all VIVA public institutions. If you have any problems retrieving records or have any questions, please write VIVA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIVA Collection: Classical Studies: 2016, 2017, 2018; Language and Linguistics: 2016, 2018; Literature and Cultural Studies: 2016, 2017, 2018; Middle East and Islamic Studies: 2017, 2018; Social Sciences: 2016, 2018, Social Sciences I: 2017.
Content shared by public institutions: Releases 1, 2, and 3.
Oxford University Press
VIVA Collection: Oxford Scholarship Online Febuary 2015 forward, UPSO February 2017 forward for Columbia University Press, MIT Press, New York University Press, Stanford University Press, University of California Press, University of Chicago Press, University of Mississippi Press, University of Minnesota Press, University of North Carolina Press, University Press of Florida, University Press of Kentucky, and Yale University Press.
- Oxford Scholarship Online: MARC records are emailed directly to institutions from OUP ten times per year - every month except February and July.
- University Press Scholarship Online: MARC records are emailed directly to institutions from OUP three times per year - in May, September, and January.
VIVA Collection: both packages mentioned below.
- Ebrary Science & Technology: MARC records are available from ProQuest's FTP server. Institutions will use local credentials to access.
- Safari Tech Books Online: New MARC files for Safari are uploaded every 4-6 weeks. To retrieve MARC records, log in to Safari BackOffice; institutions will use local credentials to access.
VIVA Collection: Behavioral Science (Behavioral Science & Psychology starting in 2016) 2005, 2013 forward; Biomedical and Life Sciences 2005, 2013 forward; Computer Science 2005, 2013-2017; Earth and Environmental Science 2005, 2013-2014.
- Springer publishes new books in most disciplines on a weekly basis and creates MARC records as books are loaded to SpringerLink. These records are sent to OCLC each week, and there is generally a delay of 5 to 7 days as OCLC staff and members turn Springer MARC records into enriched OCLC collection sets. All MARC information for Springer, including title lists, is available at www.springer.com/MARC, which is updated monthly and includes a MARC Records Implementation Guide.
Although you can get the records directly from Springer's website, libraries often prefer to retrieve them from OCLC WorldShare because it allows them to subscribe to particular collections. Springer advises that libraries select the option on their OCLC order/self-profile that says "Retain only the first 856 field that has a $u which contains the set domain URL." (The set domain being SpringerLink.) This will prevent multiple 856$u links for the other aggregator services that license Springer e-books.
Taylor & Francis
VIVA Collection: ENGnetBASE up through 2015; all T&F Ebooks and CRCnetBASE content 2015 forward in an evidence-based collection.
- Taylor & Francis Evidence-Based Collection: MARC records are emailed to VIVA Central periodically, and then redistributed to institutions. MARC files are available from VIVA Central.
- ENGnetBASE Legacy Collection: A MARC file is available from VIVA Central.
VIVA Collection: Usage-Based Collection Model ebooks.